BELO: AcnePro

Monday, June 9, 2014



Hey guys! After subjecting my skin to days of sun exposure from a much deserved summer break, I am now back to my usual heliophobic self. I love El Nido Resorts so much that I intend to go back hopefully soon. Anyway, I think I stressed out my skin too much over the past weeks that pimples started showing up all over my face. Good thing I got my Belo AcnePro products from Sample Room just in time to address the problem.


I've been battling acne since my teen-age years and tried a myriad of solutions that didn't seem to work. Good thing it wasn't too late when my mom convinced me to seek professional help. Since then, I've been using anti-acne products from my derma but I still try out other OTC products to see if they work as effectively. This time, I'm putting Belo's new line of skin care products called AcnePro to the test.


STEP 1: CLEANSE
The Belo Essentials AcnePro Pimple-Fighting Gel Face Wash (whew!) comes in a 50ml tube with a flip cover. 


It's a transparent gel that has a very pleasant yet subtle scent. It feels really smooth on application and builds up a thin lather. This gel face wash rinses off easily leaving your skin feeling refreshed. I love that it doesn't sting even when used on active pimples, doesn't dry out your skin and cause skin tightness after every use.


STEP 2: TONE
Next in the AcnePro set is this Treatment Toner housed in a 60ml bottle. 



The cover conveniently flips open revealing a small spout for dispensing the product. This is a clear liquid toner that's unscented and feels refreshing once applied all over your face and neck. I love that it doesn't stain my nails like other pimple-fighting toners I've used. It does a great job of unclogging your pores without causing your skin to dry out.


STEP 3: REPAIR
Last of the three products is the Belo AcnePro Pimple Gel.


This pimple gel comes in a 10g tube with a narrow nozzle for a more precise application. It's a transparent gel that doesn't give off any distinct fragrance. You might feel a tiny sting over active break outs that fades after a few minutes. 


Image courtesy of  skincareorganics.co.uk
The key ingredient of these products is Purified Bee Venom, clinically proven to treat mild to moderate acne and reduce inflammation. I heard about bee venom as an active ingredient in products intended for sensitive and blemished skin about a year ago. It's the latest innovation in skin care introduced by Korean cosmetic companies and I got to try one in a form of a BB Cream from Nature Republic. 


Notice how I didn't rave about this product or even mentioned it in any of my posts? It's just one of those okay products that didn't make an impact and got pushed in the back of my shelf. 


Image courtesy of Sample Room
Learning that Belo came out with a skin care line featuring purified bee venom for acne prone skin made me want to give this innovative ingredient another try. So did it work? Yes it did, most especially on mild blemishes. I noticed how these products effectively dry out pimples and reduce healing time to a minimum. Some of the small bumps becoming unnoticeable the next day while the bigger zits shrink and look less inflamed after 5 to 7 days of continued use. 


(L to R) Belo Essentials AcnePro Pimple-Fighting Gel Face Wash - Php 99.75/50ml tube
Belo Essentials AcnePro Treatment Toner - Php 79.75/60ml bottle
Belo Essentials AcnePro Pimple Gel - Php 149.75/10g tube 
Simply put, the Belo AcnePro line is a decent set of products that you can use to address minor blemishes. It may not be as effective with more serious acne so don't expect a miracle out of it. These are available in leading stores and you can get all three for only Php 329.25! I got mine free from Sample Room and paid only Php 100 for shipping. Last time I visited the site, stocks were all out but you may still want to try other featured products from Sample Room.


So have you tried any of the Belo AcnePro products or other bee venom containing brands? Do share your thoughts by commenting below. Thank you for reading and have a worry-free week!


♥♥♥










3 comments :

  1. I should try these Belo products. Looks like you are having fun using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Yes, do try the line and you might love it as much as I do.

      Delete