THE BODY SHOP: A Mini Haul

Sunday, April 27, 2014




Hey guys! The moment I saw a SALE sign board on display at The Body Shop in Trinoma, I couldn't just pass by without at least taking a peek. Okay, I ended up buying a few essential stuff and some that I'm just a bit curious to try. 


Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15 (Php 199/4.2g tube)
This lip balm is probably my best buy in the bunch. It's originally sold for Php 395 but I got it for only Php 199. Although the discounted price still appears more expensive than other lip balms in the market, I like this product just the same because it lives up to its claims of moisturizing and protecting your lips. It's opaque cream in color and has a faint vanilla scent. You can tell it's on your lips yet it doesn't feel thick or waxy. I love that it offers protection from UVA and UVB rays. You can wear this alone or top it with any shade of lipstick. 


Body Polisher (Php 250)

I have used several different forms of body scrubs but this one from The Body Shop is my most repurchased. It has a slightly rough net-like texture that I really like. I have to warn you not to rub this vigorously on first use because it can be a bit scratchy when new. I love that the size is just right so you can easily use it around your back. You can also manipulate this body polisher anyway you want like crumple it into a ball and scrub away. It lasts a really long time unlike other generic polishers that dull quickly. 


Facial Brush (Php 150)

I have to be honest that this item failed my expectations big time. It would've been a good substitute for my Clarisonic during travels because of the handy size but the bristles are too stiff that it hurts when used even on light pressure. First time I tried it, I never wanted to use it again. It was really that bad but I will still give this a second chance and probably use it ever so carefully. If you haven't bought this, I highly suggest you not to and invest on high quality facial brush like the Clarisonic or if you lack the budget you may want to try Shiseido's face brush which I think retails for Php 1,000.


Eye Mask (Php 350)

Now this mask is a neutral purchase because I feel like I don't fancy it that much to use it regularly. It's bigger than the others I bought years ago. It has a velcro lock so you can adjust it to fit snugly on your eye area. I left this a bit longer than needed in the fridge which is probably why I wasn't able to tolerate the cold feeling at first. I thawed it for a minutes before trying again and it was quite refreshing and relaxing at the same time. I think this mask is great especially when used on hot days. My only problem is I tend to skip it because I keep forgetting to put it in the fridge. 


Organic Cotton Rounds (Php 150/pack)

These cotton rounds are my essentials because I use it several times everyday. The cotton is textured on one side which is best for removing makeup and smooth on the other which can be used in applying your toner. I love that each pad is thick and that the edges are sewn, this way the pad maintains its shape even when heavily soaked. I also love that these are organic hence gentle on the skin. A pack of 100 pads cost Php 150 but I availed  their promo and bought 2 rolls for only Php 250.



Overall, I think my last trip to The Body Shop was worth it. I'm currently loving the lip balm, body scrub and cotton rounds. I'm neutral about the eye mask and not enjoying the face brush but I plan to give it another go and see if I can make it work better the next time. Do share your thoughts on any of the items I've posted and if you have any questions, feel free to leave them on the comments section below. Thanks so much for reading and have a great day!


♥♥♥







No comments:

Post a Comment