My Very 1st Make Up Primer

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

          I used to be the type of person who loves the basics and is not much thrilled with coming out of my comfort zone. In terms of skin care, I've always relied on what works for me even if new and promising products come out in the market. But that's the OLD me. Though I still use my old time favorites like YSA and Olay products, I have managed to try other brands that are now a part of my usual skin care routine like Neutrogena and just recently Tony Moly. 
          When it comes to make up, I have evolved from lip gloss in my early 20's (Yes, I know I started a little late) to lip and cheek stain in my mid 20's, to lipstick, powder blush, finishing powder and bronzers as eye shadows (I have dark eyelids that only bronzers can hide) in my late 20's. 
          Just when I thought nothing new will be added to my routine, comes Tony Moly's Luminous Sheer Base, a creamy base that works as a make up primer which promises to enhance the staying power of your make up so you wouldn't need to touch up often. I've never tried a primer before though I've heard and read several good reviews on them. I didn't want an additional step to my routine and I felt like it was just an added expense. I didn't feel it was worth trying until I bought one on sale recently at Tony Moly SM North Edsa.




          It comes in a squeeze out tube, has a creamy texture and it spreads very easily on your face. It gives off a matte finish with specks of shimmer giving your skin just the right amount of glow without you being mistaken for the ice queen. The staying power is excellent and you can do away without a touch up. It's supposed to be used before applying make up but I've been using it before application of BB cream (I use BB cream as my foundation). It doesn't cost much compared to other make up primers and the amount of product you're getting is worth the price.
          I've been using this for a week now and I did not experience any break outs or skin irritation so I will definitely repurchase if it runs out. I highly recommend it to friends who are okay with adding a simple step to their make up ritual. If you already have a primer that works well with you, just give this product a try and you won't be disappointed. Who knows, you might just switch primers once you try this.


          

1 comment :

  1. This website was... how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I have found something that helped me. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete