Best Sunscreen

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

     I recently went to Baguio with my friends to witness the annual "Panagbenga" flower festival. It's been scorching hot since February started, so my first concern before going there was skin protection from sun exposure. 







          Though I know that an ideal facial sunblock should contain at least SPF 30, most of my moisturizers only come with SPF 15. So after several days of scouting for a moisturizer with higher SPF, I finally bought Nivea Sun Whitening Face Cream SPF 50.



          I bought this over other brands for several reasons:
1. It's specifically formulated for the face so I felt safe trying it on mine.
2. It has a higher SPF content.
3. It's in a 15ml tube, which I think is very convenient for travel and just enough to last you a few days.
4. It's only P165, which is actually the most affordable sunblock I saw in different stores.

          I was also thinking that this product wouldn't be too much waste of money if ever I don't like it and decide not to use it. But after trying this product for 3 days under the sun, I must say I'm highly impressed with it that I will continue using it. I love that this product doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I was expecting a thicker consistency but it's more comparable to the texture of a runny lotion rather than a cream. It blends easily and it only takes a small amount to cover the entire face and neck. It has a whitening effect by reducing melanin production and anti-aging properties by protecting skin collagen. It's also water resistant, so you don't need to reapply it after exposure to water. Though it smells like a usual sunblock (which is quite unpleasant), it doesn't bother me at all since the scent wears off eventually. I didn't have redness or any type of adverse reactions to this product and though we were always under the sun for 3 consecutive days, I noticed my skin didn't darken or dry up. It leaves your skin moisturized but quite shiny so I always top it with powder for a matte finish. Overall, I love this product and I highly recommend you to try it.

NOTES:
          I used the Nivea Sun Whitening Face Cream SPF 50 with the following:
* Olay Regenerist Cleanser
* Erythromycin and Acne lotion from YSA (before the sunscreen)
* Olay Total Effects blemish prone 7-1n-1 anti-ageing cream (on top of the sunscreen for a matte finish)
* Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Perfecting Mineral Concentrate mixed with Clinique Derma White Loose Powder (I need to tell you about this in another blog)
       
           Products I mentioned above are all personal purchases and preferences. As I always say, those that work for my skin may not work for you as we have different skin types. You may use this with your regular regimen and find out for yourself how they are when combined.



4 comments :

  1. Is there a matte sunscreen for the face? I had tried this product a few years back, though it works quite well, my face looks too shiny. I had seen a a nivea matte sunscreen but it did not specify if it can be used for the face. any suggestions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello angelkc122.. :) I actually tried searching for one but none of the sunscreens were matte. But if you really want a facial sunscreen that has a matte finish, you might find BB creams helpful like Tony Moly's DEAR ME PETITE BB CREAM. It gives a matte finish without the sticky feeling, has SPF30 with whitening and anti-wrinkle formula so you get more than just a regular sunscreen! My friend (honey) and I just bought one yesterday and I'm just about to try it. I'll blog about it soon. Try it and let me know what you think.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What i do not understood is in truth how
    you are not really much more smartly-preferred
    than you may be right now. You are very intelligent. You realize thus considerably in terms of this subject, made me in my opinion imagine it from so many varied angles.
    Its like men and women aren't involved except it's one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga!
    Your personal stuffs great. At all times take care of it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually glad to glance at this web site posts which contains tons of useful
    data, thanks for providing these data.

    ReplyDelete